- “Dissecting” a top podcasters techniques and much more
How does John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneur on Fire do it? He’s got a massively succesful podcast in a very clear niche so what can we learn from him? I’ve been looking into how he does it.
Why the word subscriber is disappearing.
How some businesses are hyper targeting people with short podcast series.
One of the secrets of how to turn your podcast into a public speech.
And the latest research and observations on Clubhouse. Should you be on it when 79% of America hasn’t heard of the app?
- Twitter/Instagram @hitpodcast2020
- Clubhouse at @rmidson
John Lee Dumas
- Forbes Interview – https://www.forbes.com/sites/celinnedacosta/2021/03/18/how-this-entrepreneur-built-an-award-winning-podcast-and-a-seven-figure-empire-by-becoming-a-person-of-value/
Hyper targeted podcasts
- Brexit Ready – https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5hY2FzdC5jb20vcHVibGljL3Nob3dzL2JyZXhpdC1yZWFkeQ
- Cruise ship podcast – https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/travel-agents/celebrity-cruises-launches-podcast-for-travel-agents
- WordPress and Podcasting talk – https://youtu.be/nMVC575Wd98
- What are you going to do with that? – https://www.what2dowiththat.com/
- Should you be on Clubhouse? and more…
Should you be on clubhouse? Is it worth it? Should you stop podcasting and go make live radio instead?
Can you get media attention for your podcast and promote you work nationally and internationally?
Why Google could get our podcasts to more people in future.
Once again I’m joined by the amazing Patricia Curty from Gallery of Ideas (all her links below)
You can find Patricia here :-
- Web: https://www.galleryofideas.net
- YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/c/galleryofideas
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/GOIbarcelona
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goibcn/
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/galleryofideas
Google’s Lyra Project
The Guardian Podcast
- Could you turn your podcast into a great talk?
Could your podcast make a great talk?
Would an event organiser be interested in what you have to say?
In this week’s episode, we find out that the answer is a resounding… YES!…. but…..
There are some things you need to think about to make it work.
Last time I spoke to TEDx speaker and podcaster Liam O’Neill to see whether you should be a public speaker.
This week we find more about how to do it, from event organiser and speaker herself, Patricia Curty. Patricia runs “Gallery of Ideas”. She has a wealth of experience and plenty of ideas on you can make this work.
You can find Patricia here :-
- A public speaker helps podcasters get into public speaking
I’m asking the question at the moment, as podcasters could we and should we become public speakers to promote our podcasts?
Can we use that as a medium to help us publicize what we do to reach a bigger audience, get in front of people and build our brand? This is what I’m trying to find out.
In my research I found this chap called Liam O’Neill. He is a podcaster AND a public speaker. I thought this really sums up what we’re trying to do here. I wondered what has learned from that experience of doing both? What are the mistakes he’s made? What are the good things he’s learned?
I invited him on the show. We recorded it on YouTube where you can also see the episode but here is an audio version of the show.
Liam O’neill – The Prove It Guy
LinkTree – https://linktr.ee/theproveitguy
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/theproveitguy/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/proveitguy
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-OtqbHQ8G1J_QrhHD-OVQ
- Podcast Public Speaking (step2)
Can you promote your podcast with public speaking? The next step in this journey was to try to get a big event to accept me as a speaker.
This episode opens with the result of that attempt and then I go into how I think I managed to get accepted. What were the techniques I used and more.
Here also is the video I pitched to the event :
- Jim Carrol’s amazing video on physical to virtual speaking – https://jimcarroll.com/2021/01/voyage-into-virtual-my-12-month-voyage-into-reinvention-transformation-and-a-new-future-done-right/
- Great video on using foot pedals to control cameras – Video here
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.